Encoders and Decoders for the Electronic Product Code (EPC) and RFID
A Gen 2 RFID tag holds a variety of data in its four memory banks, encoded into a highly compact binary form. The following interactive tools translate between encoded tag data and the form this data takes within software applications that use RFID tags and within other data carriers such as bar codes. All of these tools are fully compliant with the EPC Tag Data Standard 1.9. They are available for use free of charge on this site for personal use, and may also be licensed for commercial use (including embedded software).
- EPC Encoder/Decoder — Translate between different forms of the Electronic Product Code (EPC)
- User Memory Encoder — Encode supplementary data into the user memory of a Gen 2 RFID tag.
- User Memory Decoder — Decode supplementary data stored in the user memory of a Gen 2 RFID tag.
- TID Decoder — Decode the Tag Identification (TID) memory bank of a Gen 2 RFID tag, which carries information about the tag itself
Looking for an encoding/decoding API? Then check out RFIDcoder.
Electronic Product Code Information Services (EPCIS) Tools
The Visibility Data Workbench is a free interactive tool for working with EPCIS data. You can use the Visibility Data Workbench to:
- Decode and validate the contents of an EPCIS data file
- Create new EPCIS events or edit an existing file
- Send EPCIS events to an EPCIS repository for capture
- Query an EPCIS repository for events
Other Electronic Product Code (EPC) Standards and Tools
GS1 EPCglobal Standards (To access individual standards, click the diagram reached from this link.)